Salary: $22.06/hour–$27.57/hour (market)
Posted: October 30, 2018
Closes: November 29, 2018
Current Opening: Marmalade Branch, 250 West 500 North, SLC, UT 84103
Note: Responsibilities of this position are working with children ages 0–12.
Salt Lake City Public Library is seeking a fun and energetic children’s literacy-focused Librarian. The successful candidate will provide extensive programming and services for children and families. Programming includes Book Baby and Preschool Storytime programs, outreaches to local elementary schools and preschools, maker programs in our Tinkerlab, and other seasonal activities. Successful candidates should demonstrate creativity, organizational skills, leadership, flexibility, and the ability to work well with others. They should feel comfortable performing in front of a large audience and be excited about serving a diverse population.
• Completion of a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science and previous public library experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates general liberal arts background and knowledge will be considered.
• Enthusiasm to work with the public and a solid foundation in good customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, ability to work with teams, and the ability to motivate and negotiate with diverse individuals and groups.
• Intermediate knowledge of operating a computer and programs.
• Experience with taking a leadership role on a workgroup or task force.
• Experience in mentoring other employees or volunteers.
• Required to maintain professional knowledge and skills through reading professional journals, viewing related webinars, attending training or professional conferences.
• Ability to work days, nights or weekends as scheduled.
• If travel is required for library purposes must have transportation. If using personal vehicle must maintain state required insurance.
• Advanced knowledge in programming and literature for children ages 0 - 12, and program services for families.
• Spanish language and/or other non- English language skills.
• Experience with library operations, programs and services.
• Experience with library policies and procedures
• Experience with library reference and circulation processes and procedures
• Experience with library computer systems, databases, software and commonly used technology and applications.
How to Apply
• Send an email with an attached résumé and cover letter (PDF or Word Document) indicating position title to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applications will be accepted through November 29, 2018.
250 West 500 North
Salt Lake City, Utah 84103
Manager: Safi Safiullah
Candidates may be selected to fill vacancies at any Salt Lake City Public Library location.