The following benefits are available to employees who work less than 20 hours per week.
Employees begin accruing vacation time when they begin working for the Library. Vacation will accrue based on the employee's most recent benefit-eligible hire date.
|Vacation Accrual Rate|
Employees will accrue sick leave at the rate of 3.70 hours per pay period starting when they begin work at the Library. Employees working less than 40 hours per week will accrue sick leave at a prorated rate. There is no limit to the number of sick leave hours an employee can accumulate.
Up to five days is allowed in case of death of a member of the immediate family or household.
Retirement Savings Plans: 401K, 457, ROTH IRA
All employees are eligible to participate in Utah Retirement Systems' 401K and 457 Plans. Maximum contribution (not including 457(b) plans) for 2017 is $18,000.
All benefit-eligible part-time employees receive holiday pay on a prorated basis according to the number of regularly scheduled work hours.The Library observes 11 days as paid holidays:
- New Year's Day (Jan 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Mon in Jan)
- President's Day (3rd Mon in Feb)
- Memorial Day (Last Mon in May)
- Independence Day (Jul 4)
- Pioneer Day (Jul 24)
- Labor Day (1st Mon in Sep)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thu of Nov)
- Day after Thanksgiving (4th Fri of Nov)
- Christmas Eve (Dec 24)
- Christmas Day (Dec 25)
Provided through the Workers Compensation Fund of Utah (WCF). The Library pays the total premium.
Other Benefits of Employment
- Free Parking
- Employee Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Staff Development Trainings
- Transit Pass Reimbursement
- Staff Discounts at Library Square Stores